0151 511 7733

Useful Links

Activate Arts

Activate Arts is a charity working with children, teenagers and young adults. They deliver programmes for young people with disabilities and young people who are disengaged – 01514824884

ADHD UK Alliance

UK charity working to raise awareness, influence policy and improve services for children, parents, families and adults affected by ADHD.

ChAPS (Cheshire Aspergers Parent Support)

Supports parents and carers of dependants with Aspergers Syndrome or Autistic Spectrum Disorder whether diagnosed or not, living in Cheshire – 08448508607

Cheshire Down’s Syndrome Support Group

Supports families in the Cheshire area, affiliated to the Down’s syndrome Association – Supports families in the Cheshire area, affiliated to the Down’s syndrome Association

Down’s syndrome Association

The Down’s Syndrome Association provides information and support on all aspects of living with Down’s syndrome to all who need it.

Dyslexia Action

Dyslexia Action is a national charity that takes action to change the lives of people with dyslexia and literacy difficulties – 0151 4286987

Halton Local Offer

It is a user-friendly online website for everyone, providing information across different topics including, education, health and social care for children and young people with SEN and/or disabilities 

Halton’s Children’s Centres

Children’s centres provide many different children and family services including activities for parents, parents-to-be, their babies, toddlers, young children and the rest of the family. 


I CAN’s mission is to ensure that no child who struggles to communicate is left out or left behind. Their vision is a world where all children and young people who struggle to communicate receive the help they need so that they can have a happy childhood, make progress at school and thrive as adults.

National Autistic Society (NAS)

The National Autistic Society aims to offer families and carers’ information, advice and support, to stimulate more understanding about the difficulties that people with autism face, to encourage research, to provide day and residential services for people with autism. Activities include an information and helpline service, a range of literature, a national diagnostic and assessment service, courses and conferences.


Values and supports people with a learning disability, and their families and carers.

ADD Information Services (ADDIS)

UK charity, which provides information support and training on ADHD to both parents and professionals.


Brainwave is a charity that exists to help children with disabilities and Developmental Delay achieve their full potential. The children they work with have a range of conditions including Autism, brain injuries such as Cerebral Palsy and genetic conditions such as Down’s Syndrome


Cerebra are a charity set up to help improve the lives of children with brain related conditions through research, education and directly supporting the children and their carers – 0800 328 1159

Contact a Family

Contact a Family is a UK-wide charity, providing support, advice and information for families with disabled children.

Deafness Resource Centre

The Deafness Resource Centre provides services that aim to empower, support and enhance the quality of life of D/deaf people in the St Helens & Halton areas – 01744 611540

Dyspraxia Foundation

The Dyspraxia Foundation seeks every opportunity to increase understanding of Dyspraxia, particularly among professionals in health and education and encourages its local groups to do the same – 01462 454 986

Family Fund

Family Fund are the UK’s largest provider of grants to low-income families raising disabled and seriously ill children and young people – 08449 744 099

Halton Carers’ Centre

Halton Carers’ Centre provides support for unpaid Carers’ of all ages who care for someone who has a disability or illness and lives in Halton.


Halton Autistic Spectrum Carers Advocacy and Support is a group run by parents and carers, for parents and carers.

Halton Parent Carers forum

Halton Speak Out

Halton Speak Out are a self-advocacy group. They teach people to speak up for themselves. They help people to feel confident, to say what they want and to make changes in their lives.

IPSEA– Independent Parental Special Education Advice

IPSEA is a national charity providing free legally based advice to families who have children with special educational needs. All advice is given by trained volunteers. 


If you or a loved one has a sight problem, the RNIB can help. They have practical ways to help you live with sight loss. They can offer advice to help you travel, shop and manage your money and finances independently. They can also offer advice about technology for blind and partially sighted people.