The changes in the Children and Families Act has changed the way that children and young people with special educational needs and Disability (SEND) are supported.
On September 1st 2014 there were changes made to Special Education Needs and Disability law.
If you want to look at the law in more depth then follow these links:
- The Children and Families Act 2014 – the part dealing with SEN is Part 3
- The SEN and Disability Regulations 2014
- Special Educational Needs (Miscellaneous Amendments) Regulations
- The Special Educational Needs (Personal Budgets) Regulations 2014
- The Children and Families Act 2014 (Transitional and Savings Provisions) (No 2) Order 2014
For the law which still applies to children with statements of SEN, Disability Discrimination, and for Exclusions please click here