Accessibility Brookvale Children’s Centre
- Services / facilities within the building include children’s facilities and a cafe.
- Services / facilities within the grounds include a play area.
- Monday 08:00 – 17:30.
- Tuesday 08:00 – 17:30.
- Wednesday 08:00 – 17:30.
- Thursday 08:00 – 17:30.
- Friday 08:00 – 17:30.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Runcorn.
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is located in front of the building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 1 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 400cm x 500cm (13ft 1in x 16ft 5in).
- The nearest designated bay is 15m (16yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 17m (18yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated parking space
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open automatically.
- The automatic doors are push pad activated.
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 150cm (4ft 11in) wide.
- There is a second set of doors.
- The door(s) open automatically.
- The doors are single width.
- The door opening is 140cm (4ft 7in) wide
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located to the right as you face the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
- The width of the ramp or slope is 130cm (4ft 3in).
- There is a / are step(s) to access this area / service.
- The step(s) is/are located in front of the entrance.
- There is / are 4 step(s) to the area / service.
- There is not tactile paving at the top and bottom of the steps.
- The step(s) is / are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is / are deep.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
- The ramp or slope does bypass the step(s).
Eating and Drinking
- The following information is for the cafe.
- The cafe is located towards the rear of the building.
- Full table service is not available.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks can be brought to the table.
- There is not a lowered section at the counter.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- No chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is 14m (15yd 11in) from the main entrance.
- The standard height for tables is 70cm.
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Plastic / takeaway cups are available.
- Plastic / takeaway cutlery is not available.
- Drinking straws are not available.
- Menus are wall only.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is hot and cold meals and snacks
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
- The toilet is for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- The accessible toilet is 8m (8yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located to the left on entering the building.
- There is level access to the accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is required for the accessible toilet.
- The key is not a radar key.
- The key can be obtained from staff on reception.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 89cm (2ft 11in).
- The door weight is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 146cm x 220cm (4ft 9in x 7ft 3in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm in the cubicle.
- The emergency alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4″) from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is not a coat hook.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There are mirrors.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a sink.
- The sink can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The sink is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the grab rails and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the drop down rails and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located throughout the building.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 97cm (3ft 2in).
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located ahead as you enter the building.
- The female and male toilets are 13m (14yd 8in) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Halton SEND Partnership is here for you - parents and carers of children, and young people who have special educational needs and disabilities.
Young people who have special educational needs and/or disability aged from 16 to 25 may also access the service. They may choose to do this with the support of their parents/carers or independently.
Our telephone number is 0151 511 7733. Staff typically work between 9 am and 5pm. We are a small team and when there are a number of calls and emails awaiting a response, your call will be put through to a 24hr voicemail. If you can’t get through to someone please do leave yours / your child’s name and date of birth in a message. Remember to give your name and your telephone number slowly and clearly. We will try to call you back promptly, and within 3 working days.
Don’t forget you can email us at any time too.
We always do our best to help you as soon as we can, but we aren’t a crisis or emergency service. We know that sometimes things happen very quickly, for example, if a child is permanently excluded. If you need to speak to us urgently, we will contact you as soon as we can.
Parent Carers can visit the CONTACT helpline via their website at www.contact.org.uk for information or call the free helpline on 0808 808 3555 between 9.30 - 5pm Monday to Friday, or by email at [email protected] You may also want to contact the Independent Provider of Special Education Advice (IPSEA) via their website at www.ipsea.org.uk